Try out this very yummy chicken recepi with Mango Salad.
1 sprig of fresh mint leaves
10 ml of Lime Juice (bottled)
50 ml of Lemon Juice (bottled)
20 ml Tamari (wheat free soya sauce)
Approximately 10 cm of Cucumber
150 gram chicken tenderloins
1/5 of Onion
2 tsp of bottled crushed Ginger
2 wooden skewers
1. Thread tenderloins onto skewers and marinate in a refrigerator overnight in the lemon juice mixed with the tamari sauce and half the ginger. If you can’t marinate overnight, then 10 minutes will be sufficient; overnight allows the flavours to infuse.
2. Cook chicken skewers in non-stick frying pan or on BBQ for 10-15 minutes, basting with marinade as they cook.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the Mango Salad: remove the skin and stone from the mango and finely dice. Finely chop the onion, cucumber and mint leaves’ combine in a bowl with the mango, remaining ginger, sweet chilli sauce and lime juice to make salsa, stirring gently to avoid bruising the fruit. Spoon salsa over kebabs and serve.
– If usuing wooden skewers, place skewers in chilled water for 1 hour before use to avoid them burning on the barbecue.
– For gluten free, ensure the brand of sweet chilli sauce you are using is gluten free.